SYLLABUS OF WRITTEN EXAMINATION FOR THE POST OF
DRUGS INSPECTOR PURSUANT TO ADVT.NO.9 OF 2003/04.
There should be 8 units containing the following :
UNT-I.- FORENSIC PHARMACY
1. Drugs and Cosmotic Act,1940 and Rules there under, 1945 with amendments.
2. Pharmacy Act,1948
3. Drug price Control Order, 1995.
4. Medical termination of pregnancy Act, 1971.
5. Poison Act, 1919 and Dangerous Drugs Act, 1930.
6. Drugs and Magic Remedy Act, 1954.
7. Medical and Toilet preparation Act, 1955.
8. Prevention of Cruelty to Animal Act.
9. Trade Mark Registration Act.
10. Pharmaceutical Ethics.
UNIT II MANUFACTURING OPHARMACY.
1. Tablet and Tablet Coating,.
3. Emulsian, Suspension, Ointment and Cream.
4. Optholomic Solutions.
5. Blood Fluid and Electrolyties.
6. Parental preparation and Quality Control.
7. Surgical Dressing.
8. Biological Preparation .(Sera, Vaccine & Anti-Sera).
UNIT III- PHARMACEUTICAL ANALYSIS.
1. Limit Test.
3. Sterility Test.
4. Pyrogen Test.
5. Theory & Application of Colerimeter, Flerimeter, Nephlometer,
and Turbidometry, U.V. Visilile Spectrophotemeter.
6. Karl Fischer Titration.
7. Alcohol determination.
8. Microbiological Assey of Vitamines, Antibiothics and Vaccine
UNIT IV MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY -.
Following Classes :-
1. Structure, Storage and Preparation of Brand names of the steriods
(definition, classification etc.).
UNIT V PHARMACOGNESY;
Source, Chemical constituents, uses and adulteration of the following classes of natural drugs, Rauwalfia, Epecacuhana, Belladona, Chinchona, Cinnamon, Digitalis, Senna, Alloe, Noxvomica, Opium Alkoloid, Kurchi, Brahmi, Tulsi, Bael and Ephedra.
UNIT VI PHARMACOLOGY & TOXIOLOG.
Introduction and general principle :-
Mode of action, drug receptor interaction, drug antagonist, absorption, distribution, metabilisim and exerition, rate of administration, Bioavailability, drug dependence and addiction, drug abuse and toxicity, drug adverse reaction, Drug allergy and Biostatics.
UNIT VII HOSPITAL & CLINICAL OPHARMACY
Handling of prescription, Incompatibility, Storage condition of drug, Clinical Pharmacy and its role in Hospital.
UNIT VIII ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY & HEALTH EDUCATION
Blood, Digestive System , respiratory system, Eye, Ear, Reproduction system and Urinary system.